5G Sales Expected to Spike This Year
March 14, 2020
In the midst of the coronavirus outbreak, people around the world are using their smartphones more than even a month ago to stay connected with each other, the news, and their governments for leadership on what to do. Although 5G sales were already expected to grow during 2020 as the new technology became available through more carriers, the newest and fastest connection option is now expected to reach an even higher amount of demand.
Fear of the virus and its effects are fueling a global demand for better connections in more places across the globe. For retailers, stocking 5G compatible phones and their accessories is a great way to plan for future sales. According to Fortune, the number of 5G users is estimated to explode in the next several years, from 200 million users in 2019 to 1.02 billion users in 2023.
What’s so different about 5G? Here’s a basic rundown that you can share with your customers:
- A data rate of up to 10Gbps – ten to 100 times better than current 4G and 4.5G networks
- Latency diminished to 1 millisecond (the delay between sending and receiving information)
- One thousand times the bandwidth per unit area
- 100% coverage, with 99.999% availability.
- A 90% reduction in network energy usage, which can translate to up to 10 years of battery life for low power IoT devices.
Here are the smartphones on the market that are already available with 5G capabilities:
- Samsung Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Plus, Galaxy S20 Ultra: compatible with all carriers
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G, compatible with AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile
- Galaxy S10 5G: compatible with AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon
- OnePlus 7 Pro 5G: compatible with Sprint
- OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren: compatible with T-Mobile
- LG V50 ThinQ: compatible with Sprint and Verizon
- Moto Z4, Z3 and Z2 (with Moto 5G Mod): compatible with Verizon
Ready to start stocking 5G compatible phones and accessories? Contact Issoy today for wholesale prices on the stock you’re looking for.